Amend Your Entity Formation Documents

  • Order online and get started in minutes
  • Enter information one time and skip the paperwork
  • Starting at $299 plus state fees
- Rated 4.2/5 by 143 clients on Google

Order Online
A blue background with abstract waves

Easily Amend Your Formation Documents

Our amendment service brings exceptional time savings to organizations making changes to their formation documents. Changing your organization’s name, address, management structure, or key personnel are all common reasons for filing an amendment. Web-based ordering allows you to conveniently enter the required information just once. Fair, transparent pricing simplifies budgeting.

Don’t waste time going back and forth with state offices. We've completed thousands of state filing projects correctly, and we are confident we can do the same for you.

Ultimate Convenience

  • Multiple Updates, One Convenient Service

    Whether you’re changing your organization’s name, address, management structure, or key personnel, our amendment service ensures accurate information is listed in the state records.
  • Service in Every State

    Are you registered in multiple states? Amending your formation documents in your state of formation is just the start. We can update your records with all other states in which your entity is registered. We routinely help organizations across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
  • Instant Online Ordering

    We make it easy to amend your formation documents. Simply provide your information in our convenient online form, and we’ll take care of the rest.
  • Choose Your Speed

    Do you need your amendment processed quickly? Where offered by the state, we can expedite the filing processing times. Select how fast you want to move when you place your order.
A preview of an order form

The Best Protection

A preview of multi-jurisdiction order service
  • Comprehensive Support

    We can help you with any additional tax registrations or business licenses you may need. Our compliance services are a perfect fit for companies that plan to hire employees, sell physical goods, or open offices in other states.
  • Proceed With Confidence

    Harness the expertise of our filing experts through Compliance Gaps. As soon as your account is configured, Compliance Gaps suggests regulatory filings commonly required of companies like yours in the states where you operate.

How Our Amendment Service Works

Complete the online form to order our amendment services. Once we have submitted your filings, we will track their progress and send confirmation when they are approved.

Amending Your Registration

Step One

Provide basic information about your organization, including how fast you want to move.

Get Started
Step Two

We prepare and submit your articles of amendment.

Step Three

Receive your approved amendment filing.

Harbor Compliance not only met, but exceeded my expectations. Very courteous and knowledgeable staff. Turn-around time was nothing short of a miracle. Thanks you so much Harbor Compliance, you came through when I needed it most!

Patrick Blazer Inspection, Inc.

Frequently Asked Questions

As your business or nonprofit grows and company information changes, you may need to amend your entity’s information on file with the state. Changing the legal name, business address, or management are common reasons to submit an amendment.

Amendments are typically filed in the state of formation, however, entities with a registration in multiple states may need to amend registrations in multiple jurisdictions. Amendment applications usually vary by entity type and sometimes vary by the type of information being amended.

Amendments can be filed at any time, though the entity must be in good standing with the state. If you need assistance reinstating your business to good standing, please visit our reinstatement page.

Generally, no. You might be looking for entity conversion services. Certain states allow entities to convert from one entity type to another without filing dissolution and formation documents. For example, an LLC may be converted into a corporation or a nonprofit corporation may be converted into an LLC in some states. For more information, visit our conversion page.

Generally, yes. Aside from your internal corporate records, vendor accounts, etc., you may also need to update other state and federal agencies. For instance, changing a 501(c) tax-exempt nonprofit corporation may need to be reported to the IRS.

If you're amending your organization's name in many states, there is a risk that the new name you've chosen will not be available in all states. Our name reservation service allows you to hold the name until the amendment paperwork can be approved. We can also manage your doing-business-as (DBA) registration process to enable you to operate under your new name even before filing the amendments.

Free Reference
Amend your Corporation, LLC, or Nonprofit

Reference this online guide for information on how file an amendment in your state.