Expand Your Business
We handle the foreign qualification process end-to-end so you can focus on your growth opportunities. We obtain good standing certificates or certified copies from your state of formation as required. We prepare and submit your application for certificate of authority and send confirmation when your filings are approved.
Meet Your Deadlines
Online ordering and in-person filing with the secretary of state offices are available so you receive the fastest possible processing times.
Registered Agent Service
Our offices in every state enable you to satisfy the requirements for having a physical address within the jurisdiction. Rely on our service to receive your legal documents and government notices, and conveniently access those documents online.
- Name availability check
- Certificate of good standing or certified copies as required
- Filing your certificate of authority application
- 1-Year of Registered Agent Service
How Our Foreign Qualification Service Works
Your Compliance Specialist fully manages the entire foreign qualification process.
- Sign up online for our service and choose your desired processing time.
- We prepare and submit the required filings to foreign qualify your entity.
- Receive copies of your filings and your approved certificate of authority.
Compliance Software Included
Your service includes access to our powerful Entity Manager software, which automatically tracks your annual report due dates, monitors secretary of state databases, and alerts you if you fall out of good standing.
I found Harbor Compliance to be courteous, extremely expeditious, and affordable for my foreign LLC registration and agent needs. I tried to go it alone and am STILL waiting for documents to be mailed to me by my own state -- but thanks to Harbor Compliance, I was able to ensure my LLC was 100% in compliance the same day that I began conducting business.Susan H Street Capitol Strategies, LLC
Frequently Asked Questions
Foreign qualification refers to registering your business or nonprofit outside its state of formation. The state will issue a certificate of authority that documents your authorization to transact business in the state. We complete the entire foreign qualification process for you.
- Foreign qualification registers your business in a new state. This avoids the need to create a separate corporation or LLC in each state, simplifying administration.
- Qualifying timely and correctly avoids fines, back taxes, and other penalties for failing to register.
- Registering your business also preserves the right to sue and limited liability protection for the owners.
What constitutes doing business varies by state, but often includes hiring an employee, opening a location, and competing for a job. Many times, companies are proactive in registering with new states, in order to avoid state expedite fees and the risk of last-minute delays.
No, it's not necessary to have an attorney or even a service company prepare your foreign qualification filings. However, we do all the work for you, so that you don't have to worry, and won't miss crucial deadlines. If you feel you need legal advice for your specific situation, please seek the counsel of a licensed attorney.
We can provide a full licensing audit, down to the city/municipal level, for your business. If you do know what you need, we can file most licenses and permits.